Quartz is a fast, batteries-included static-site generator that transforms Markdown content into fully functional websites. Thousands of students, developers, and teachers are already using Quartz to publish personal notes, websites, and digital gardens to the web.
🪴 Get Started
Quartz requires at least Node v18.14 and
npm v9.3.1 to function correctly. Ensure you have this installed on your machine before continuing.
Then, in your terminal of choice, enter the following commands line by line:
This will guide you through initializing your Quartz with content. Once you’ve done so, see how to:
- Writing content in Quartz
- Configure Quartz’s behaviour
- Change Quartz’s layout
- Build and preview Quartz
- Sync your changes with GitHub
- Host Quartz online
If you prefer instructions in a video format you can try following Nicole van der Hoeven’s video guide on how to set up Quartz!
- Obsidian compatibility, full-text search, graph view, note transclusion, wikilinks, backlinks, Latex, syntax highlighting, popover previews, Docker Support, internationalization and many more right out of the box
- Hot-reload for both configuration and content
- Simple JSX layouts and page components
- Ridiculously fast page loads and tiny bundle sizes
- Fully-customizable parsing, filtering, and page generation through plugins
🚧 Troubleshooting + Updating
Having trouble with Quartz? Try searching for your issue using the search feature. If you haven’t already, upgrade to the newest version of Quartz to see if this fixes your issue.